Creamy refried black beans and chili spiced sweet potatoes make a delicious and filling Vegan Flauta.
I tend to go through phases of eating plant based, like my Vegan ‘chorizo’ tacos, and then face-planting into a big juicy steak! Sounds totally extreme, but I see it as balance 🙂
I had a some leftover black beans from my Mexican Pot Roast meal, and wanted to use them up in a different way for lunch. I decided to refry them and pair them with chili spiced sweet potatoes and wrap them up in a sprouted wheat tortilla.Since I try to limit my dairy intake, I decided to give almond yogurt a try. It wasn’t the best, but once I mixed it with some sriracha sauce, it actually made a decent dip for the flautas. If you can eat dairy, then I recommend using Greek Yogurt and mixing with sriracha. I also had an avocado and smashed that up with some lime, salt, and chili flakes for some extra protein.The star of the show is the chili spiced sweet potatoes. They pack a ton of flavor, and I love baking them till they get some crispyness to them. Now I want to make these all the time for breakfast, side dish, or in a burrito bowl. And speaking of breakfast, I ate the leftover flautas with a fried egg for breakfast the next day.... Delicious!!So go ahead and give these easy Black Bean and Sweet Potato Flautas a try, and if your not Vegan like me, I think you just might be pleasantly surprised. 😉
Be sure to tag me on IG @ThaiCaliente if you make any of my recipes and follow me on Pinterest to save them to your boards.
Vegan Black Bean and Sweet Potato Flautas
- 8 Flour Tortillas I used Sprouted Whole Wheat tortillas, or you could use Almond flour for GF, or Regular White Flour Tortillas
- 1 Cup Refried Black Beans Either homemade or Canned
- 1 Large Sweet Potato Peeled and diced into even chunks. If the sweet potato is small, then use 2.
- 1 Tbsp Oil For the Sweet Potatoes
- Cooking Oil Spray For the Flautas
Sweet Potato Seasoning
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
Dairy Free Dip
- ½ Cup Plain Almond milk yogurt Can sub regular yogurt for dairy version
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado Smashed with a fork
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Salt to taste and Red Chili flakes Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep Sweet potato and add oil and seasoning mixture, combine well, bake for 15 minutes or until potatoes have some crispness to them. I turned them over once half way.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave till they are soft and pliable, about 20-30 seconds. Spread an even layer of black beans over the whole tortilla, then spoon a row of sweet potatoes in the middle of the tortilla. Roll tightly and place seem side down in a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking oil.
- Once all the flautas are rolled, spray the tops with cooking oil. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, flipping them over halfway.
- Mix the yogurt and sriracha together. Smash the avocado with lime juice and salt. Serve with the Flautas