Quick and Easy Skillet Shrimp Fajitas- One pan and ready in 20 minutes!
One pan meals are my jam, especially when the dish is quick and easy to whip up like these shrimp fajitas.
I keep frozen shrimp stocked in the freezer which is perfect for when I need a fast and delicious meal.
Typically when making steak or chicken fajitas, you need to marinate the meat for flavor and tenderness.
But since shrimp is more delicate it will take on flavors easily without having to do a long marinade.
I do a homemade spice blend of chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then mix it with the shrimp and little bit of oil.
Toss everything around, and that's it!
How to Cook Shrimp Fajitas
My preferred method is cooking the shrimp fajitas in a cast iron skillet. I love the sear you get and the flavor from cast iron.
Other options include cooking them on a grill pan in the grill. Sheet Pan in the oven or on the stove in a regular skillet.
Whichever method you try, just please don't overcook the shrimp!
These fajitas need to be served right away. Otherwise the shrimp will get smaller and tough the longer they cook.
Fajita Toppings and Pairings
I topped these tacos with a simple guacamole. Other toppings can include- Salsa, chopped cilantro, or sliced jalapenos for spice.
Check out these delicious Taco Recipes:
Watch the YouTube Video Here:
Easy Skillet Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 Pound Large Shrimp Peeled
- 2 Bell Peppers I used Red and Green, sliced thin
- ½ Yellow Onion sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- Avocado Smashed with some salt and lime juice.
- Peel, de-vein, and pat shrimp dry. Season with the fajita seasoning and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Preheat Cast Iron skillet and place remaining oil, Bell Peppers, Onions, and remaining seasoning. Stir well and cook for about 7 minutes till onions and peppers become soft.
- Remove onions and peppers from skillet and place seasoned shrimp on skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes or until shrimp is a light pink. Flip shrimp over and cook for another 2 minutes or until shrimp is no longer opaque. Do not over cook the shrimp, it will become rubbery.
- Heat flour tortillas on a clean skillet until warm, and keep in foil or wrapped in a clean kitchen towel.
- Serve shrimp fajitas in tortillas and top with guacamole.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.