Vine Ripe Tomatoes are used to make a fresh tomato blender salsa that's great with chips or the perfect accompaniment to just about anything.
Do you have some ripe tomatoes that need to be used up? Throw them in the blender with some cilantro, onion, garlic, jalapenos, lime, and a little salt then pulse, pulse, pulse, till you achieve salsa heaven.
If you love Salsa as much as I do, be sure to check out my Salsa Verde, and Thai Salsa Rojo. These and this tomato blender salsa are great options for backyard BBQ's or to keep in the fridge and add some spice to just about anything!
Not sure what goes with Salsa?
Bland Chicken... Add Salsa
Boring Cauliflower Rice... Add Salsa.
Pretty much anything!
Tips on making Fresh Tomato Blender Salsa:
Remove the seeds from the tomatoes. This does take a little bit of time, but you'll end up with a less watery salsa. You can definitely blend the tomatoes as is, but keep in mind that the salsa will have a good amount of water to it.
Use Cilantro sparingly. Unlike Salsa Verde, you can use too much cilantro in a tomato salsa. The first time I made this, I put way too much cilantro and it turned an up appetizing brown color. ½ cup is a good amount and if you really like cilantro you can always garnish the salsa with chopped cilantro.
Use the pulse function on your blender. This way you can control the chunkiness of the salsa without making it too smooth.
Store in an airtight container. The salsa will last up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container. If separation occurs just give it a gentle shake
Fresh Tomato Blender Salsa
- 2 lbs Fresh Tomatoes Vine Ripe or Roma, quartered and seeds removed.
- ½ Cup Cilantro Measure ½ cup before chopping, then roughly chop.
- ¼ White Onion Quartered
- 1 Garlic Clove Chopped
- 1-2 Jalapenos Seeds removed for mild salsa. Leave seeds for spicy salsa.
- 1 Lime About 2 tablespoon of Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Cut tomatoes into quarters and remove seeds with a spoon.
- Rough chop cilantro, onions, garlic, and jalapenos.
- Place all ingredients into blender in order shown, and pulse till desired consistency is reached
- Place in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Want to Save this Recipe? Click on the Pinterest button below to Pin It!