Salsa de Mango is a refreshing Mango Salsa that goes great with chips or alongside your favorite grilled protein. Make it as spicy or mild as you like!
When the weather is warm, I love eating refreshing dishes like ceviche and seasonal fruit like mango. Especially here in Arizona where it gets hot!
The ingredients are simple:
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
When choosing a mango, make sure it’s not too ripe, otherwise it will be too sweet. Alternatively you also don’t want a mango that is too unripe and hard.
How to Make Salsa de Mango
There’s no cooking involved to make this mango salsa, only dicing and chopping. Start by peeling the mango, then stand it upright and try to cut as close to the pit as you can.
Dice even small pieces of the mango. You want to end up with about 3 cups of diced mango. The large mango I had was enough, otherwise use 2 small mangos.
For the Jalapeno, if you want less spice, remove the seeds. If you like it spicy, use a habanero pepper.
Continue dicing the remaining ingredients and add them to a large bowl. Season with salt and fresh squeezed lime juice. Taste and see if additional lime or salt is needed.
Serve the mango salsa immediately or store in the refrigerator. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days, just keep in mind it will start to get soggy.
The contrasting flavors from the sweet mango, citrus from the lime, and heat from the jalapeno is so refreshing and flavorful!
Check out these recipes:
Salsa de Mango Recipe
- 3 cups Mango diced
- 1 cup Orange Bell Pepper diced
- ½ cup Red Onion diced
- ¼ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ cup Jalapeno or habanero diced small
- 2 Limes
- Salt to taste
- Peel mango and dice into small even pieces
- Slice bell pepper, remove seeds, and dice in to small even pieces.
- Peel onion and dice into small even pieces
- Slice Jalapeno, remove seeds if you want it less spicy. Dice into small pieces
- Chop cilantro finely, I used the leaves and stems.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, season with salt and squeeze limes. Mix to combine and taste for seasoning. Add more lime or salt if needed.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.