Coconut Chia Seed Pudding is a healthy dairy-free snack or breakfast to make ahead of time and store in the fridge.
The first time I tried chia seed was when my mother in law added some to lemonade. I had never heard of chia seed and this was before the big craze started. It reminded me of the Thai basil beverage which has little jelly seeds of basil in a honey sweetened drink.
When chia seeds are exposed to liquid they sprout and become jelly-like. These days you can find chia seeds at your local grocery and health food store. The benefits of eating chia seeds include an excellent source of fiber, omega 3's, and protein.
Coconut chia seed pudding can be made the night before and enjoyed for breakfast or it also makes a refreshing afternoon snack. I used fresh mango, pineapple, and crushed walnuts. The combo tasted like a pina colada! I typically top my chia pudding with different fruit based on what I have available.
Frozen fruit works great too for a cold treat! The coconut milk I used is already sweetened, it's the one you find in the dairy coolers. If using unsweetened milk, then feel free to add agave or honey for some sweetness. Chia seed pudding will stay good in the fridge for a few days however, I like to add the fruit in right before eating.
Watch how I make Coconut Chia Seed Pudding here:
Be sure to tag me on IG @ThaiCaliente if you make any of my recipes and follow me on Pinterest to save them to your boards.
Coconut Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 tablespoon Whole Chia Seed
- ¾ cup Sweetened Coconut Milk Beverage Not canned coconut milk
- Fresh Mango, Pineapple, or other fruit
- Crushed Nuts, granola, or cereal.
- In a mason jar add 2 tablespoons of whole chia seeds and coconut milk. Stir well to disperse chia seeds.
- Place in refrigerator overnight or at least for a few hours. You can keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Remove from refrigerator give it a good stir, add desired toppings.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.