Healthier Chocolate Banana Muffins made easy in a blender. They also happen to be Gluten, Dairy, & Refined Sugar Free.
The best part of my morning is getting to enjoy a cup of coffee and a chocolate banana muffin. I’ve been making ‘healthier’ muffins for years, and I’m not sure why I’ve never posted the recipe, finally here it is!
And Yes, you can totally have these for breakfast because they are naturally sweetened with ripe bananas and honey or maple syrup. They are also gluten free, which is why you can make them in the blender and not have to worry about over mixing the batter.
My favorite way to eat chocolate banana muffins is to warm them up a bit till the chocolate melts and top with a dollop of nut butter… So Good! Don’t take my word, you have to try it!
You can mix extra chocolate chips in the batter and some on top for a more decadent chocolate treat.
Nuts are also a great option!
These Blender Banana muffins can also be made without the cacao powder for just a regular banana muffin. Still delicious!
I prefer to bake my muffins without liners, and once they are done I allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan. Then I get a plastic knife and run it around the muffin tin to loosen it and remove them from the pan.
How to Store Banana Muffins
Once the muffins are removed from the muffin tin, allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
Store muffins in an airtight container either at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for a week.
Muffins can also be stored in the freezer in a freezer bag or air tight container. To reheat place in the microwave for 30 seconds or until hot.
If you want a savory breakfast, these Quiche Cups are also baked in a muffin tin and perfectly portioned for a grab-n-go breakfast.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a star rating and comment below. I appreciate it, Thank You!
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Almond Milk Unsweetened or if you prefer Sweetened
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil Melted
- ¼ cup Honey or Maple Syrup Whichever you prefer
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Blanched Fine Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Cacao Powder or Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup Chocolate Chunks, Chips, or Mini Chips I used Dairy Free Chocolate
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with oil or line with muffin liners.
- Place bananas into blender and blend till pureed.
- Then add all remaining ingredients in order shown. Turn blender on and blend till batter is fully incorporated. Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Use an ice cream scoop or ⅓ cup measuring cup to scoop out batter into muffin tin and top with chocolate chunks, chips or mini chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do Not over bake or they will become dry and dense. Sometimes I check at 18 minutes just to be sure.
- Allow muffins to cool in tin for 10 minutes then remove and cool completely on a wire rack. Store muffins in an airtight container either at room temperature for a couple days or in the refrigerator for a week. Muffins can also be stored in the freezer in a freezer bag or air tight container. To reheat place in the microwave for 30 seconds.