This Cinnamon and Sugar Jack o Lantern Tortilla is a fun and easy treat for Halloween and only requires 4 ingredients.
I love making fun holiday treats with my kids, and bonus points if the treat is easy and has minimal ingredients.
The inspiration for these cinnamon sugar jack o lanterns came from my Halloween quesadillas. Except these have a sweet taste and remind me of bunelos.
The ingredients for Cinnamon Sugar Jack o Lantern Tortillas are simple.
You'll need Flour Tortillas, Melted Butter, Cinnamon and Sugar.
I suggest using store bought flour tortillas, and preferably the ones that are thicker and softer. While I like the thin tortillas for tacos, the softer ones crisp up more when baked.
If you love the taste of cinnamon, try my Cinnamon French Toast Bake.
How to Make
Carve out the jack o lantern face on each tortilla. You can use a small knife or butter knife if kids are doing it.
Get creative and make different eyes and mouths for the jack o lantern.
Place the tortillas on a baking rack, along with the scraps, don't toss them!
Use a pastry brush and brush melted butter on each tortilla. Flip the tortilla over and brush butter on the other side.
Air Fry or Bake at 350° F for 8 minutes or until the tortilla is golden and crispy. You may need to flip the tortilla over halfway to get both sides crispy.
Once the tortillas are done baking, brush more melted butter on the top and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
These Cinnamon Sugar Jack o Lantern Tortillas are best eaten right away. They are the perfect size treat for both kids and adults!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you would like to make them ahead, simply carve out all the jack o lantern tortillas then store them covered until you are ready to bake and serve.
I don't recommend using corn tortillas, but almond flour or cassava flour tortillas would be a comparable option for gluten free.
More Mexican Dessert Recipes:
Cinnamon Sugar Jack o Lantern Tortilla
- Oven or Air Fryer
- Combine cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Use a small knife to make cuts in the tortilla to look like a jack o lantern. Pull out the scraps and place the tortillas and scraps on a baking rack.
- With a pastry brush, brush melted butter on both sides of the tortilla.
- Air Fry or Bake at 350° F for 8 minutes or until the tortilla is golden and crispy. You may need to flip the tortilla over halfway to get both sides crispy.
- Brush the top of the tortilla with more melted butter and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.