Have a spooky and memorable time with these Festive Halloween Eats and Treats. Most of these are easy to make and only require a few ingredients.
Savory Halloween Bites
These Halloween inspired foods are fun to eat, and they help balance out all the sugar kids typically get. I love these recipes because they look really cute, but are actually easy to make.
First up are these creepy and delicious Hot Dog Spiders.
You'll Need: Hot Dogs, Crescent Roll Tube, Black Sesame Seeds.
- Take a bun length hot dog, cut in half, then cut 4 slits on each side for the spider legs, ensuring part of the middle is still in tact.
- Then place in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes for the 'legs' to spread apart. This helps remove some excess grease too. Then drain the water, and remove the hot dogs.
- Wrap a small piece of crescent dough in the middle and place 2 black sesame seeds for the eyes.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
Next up is a super easy Jack o' Lantern Quesadilla.
Watch the Instagram Video HERE.
You'll Need: Flour Tortillas, Shredded Cheese, and a Pairing Knife.
- With a pairing knife, cut out the eyes and mouth of a jack o' lantern.
- Add shredded cheese to a second tortilla then place the cut out one on top.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until melted.
- Serve with 'Green Goo' aka Guacamole for some healthy fats.
Continuing the Jack o' Lantern theme with a Healthy Veggie and dip Plate.
You'll Need: Round dish or Board, Baby carrots, Bell Pepper, Cucumbers, and Ranch in small bowls.
- Place the Ranch or dip of your choice (hummus is good too), into small containers for the 'Eyes'.
- Slice Green Bell Peppers for the Stem.
- Arrange baby carrots in a circle.
- Place sliced cucumbers for the mouth and nose.
Of course it wouldn’t be a Halloween without some sweets and treats.
Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies
These ghost cookies were Boo-Tastic and went perfect with the graveyard pudding cups.
You'll Need: Nutter Butter Cookies, Vanilla (White) Almond Bark, Mini Chocolate Chips
- Melt the Vanilla almond bard according the the package.
- Once melted, dip the Nutter Butter cookies about 75%. Place on parchment paper and use mini chocolate chops for the eyes and nose.
- Allow bark to set on parchment paper.
You can serve the Ghost cookies as is or place them inside individual Graveyard Cups for even more fun.
You'll Need: Chocolate Pudding, Oreos, Gummy Worms, Pumpkin Candy.
- In Clear plastic cups layer chocolate pudding to about halfway of the cup.
- Separate the cream from the Oreos and crush up the cookie part. Layer on top of the chocolate pudding.
- Add a gummy worm, Pumpkin candy and a Ghost cookie.
Conchas or Pan Dulce
If you're looking for an Adult Dessert that goes perfect with coffee, try making Conchas. These do require some time to prep and the dough needs to rise, but the extra effort is definitely worth it!
I hope these give you some inspo for a Fun and Festive Halloween. You don't need to work hours on decorations or food, just a few minutes for Halloween Magic.
If you make any of these recipes, be sure to leave me a comment below and tell me what you think.