Puff Pastry Bites filled with Oaxaca cheese, Pistachios, and Hot Honey for a flavor packed appetizer that's ready in 20 minutes.
I love the versatility and how easy it is to use puff pastry. These puff pastry bites with Oaxaca cheese, pistachios, and hot honey are loaded with flavor and a great bite to serve for guests. Or if you're like my husband and me, you accidentally eat half the pan...oops!
These bites come together easily and are best served right after baking, however, I do include notes on how to prep it ahead of time.
Try these Wonton Guacamole Cups with Shrimp.
How to Make Puff Pastry Bites
You'll need a mini muffin tin, 1 sheet of puff pastry, Oaxaca cheese, crushed pistachios, and hot or regular honey.
Start by placing 1 sheet of puff pastry on a large cutting board to thaw on the counter for 40 min. Once thawed, un fold the puff pastry on the cutting board.
Using either a pizza cutter or large knife, cut 24 squares. Mine were not even, and that's fine. Place each square of puff pastry into a mini muffin tin.
Be sure to press it into the muffin tin all the way. Now add the shredded Oaxaca cheese into each one.
If you wanted to make this ahead, this is where you would stop and place the muffin tin in the fridge, (up to a couple of hours), then resume the recipe.
Top with crushed pistachios and a dollop of hot or regular honey. Bake at 400° F for 12-15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden.
Allow to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then remove and serve. You can also drizzle more honey over the bites.
If you do have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator and reheat in a toaster oven or oven at 300° F until warm, about 5 minutes. But these puff pastry bites are best eaten after baking them.
Puff Pastry Bites Recipe
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry Thawed and Sliced into 24 squares.
- 1 Cup Oaxaca Cheese Shredded
- ¼ Cup Crushed Pistachios
- Hot Honey or Regular Honey
- Remove 1 sheet of puff pastry and allow to thaw on the counter for about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Shred Oaxaca cheese until you get about 1 cup packed.
- Slice thawed puff pastry into 24 squares and place inside a mini muffin tin. If your muffin tin is not non-stick, then spray with cooking spray before hand.
- Add a shredded cheese, top with crushed pistachios, and a squeeze of hot honey to each puff pastry bite. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes, remove the bites, and place them on a plate for serving. You can drizzle extra honey on top if you like.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Leave a Reply