These Brussel Sprouts are crispy, sweet, and smokey. Only 4 ingredients needed for a great side dish!
If you are not a fan of brussel sprouts, I urge you to try this recipe to make you a believer!
I was never a fan, and I’m attributing it to the fact that I only had them boiled, which is gross! Once I started roasting vegetable instead of steaming or boiling, I Was Hooked! Roasting vegetables imparts so much flavor and they hold onto spices and seasoning so much better.
What You’ll Need
Brussel Sprouts- they need to be washed trimmed and cut in half.
Dried Cranberries- I used orange flavored ones which imparted even more flavor.
Fried Onions- the ones from the can. I got mine at Trader Joes but any grocery store should have them during the holidays.
Maple Syrup- the real stuff.
Smoked Paprika, Salt, and Pepper
Tips on Roasting Brussel Sprouts
Have your oven Pre-heated so it’s hot before you roast the Brussel Sprouts, this goes for any vegetable.
Make sure the oil and spices are distributed evenly. I just use my hands to toss everything together.
Bake them until browned and crispy, around 20 minutes.
After Roasting, place the brussel sprouts in an oven safe dish and add Maple syrup, cranberries, and top with fried onions.
Place back into the oven for 10 more minutes. This is where magic happens and the maple syrup carmalizes onto the brussel sprouts. Don’s skip this step!
Make Ahead Tips
The brussel sprouts can be kept warm in the oven at 200 degrees.
You can roast the brussel sprouts and assemble in a dish with the maple syrup and cranberries, cover and refrigerate. When you are ready to serve, place the fried onions on top and bake for about 15 minutes till they are warmed through.
Here’s a short video showing you all the steps:
Here are some other holiday inspired recipes:
Turkey Leftovers?? Perfect for a Turkey Enchilada Filling
Maple and Cranberry Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries I used Orange Flavored Ones
- ½ Cup Fried Onions Canned
- Wash and Rinse Brussel Sprouts. Slice in half lengthwise and Drizzle with olive oil. Season with Salt, Pepper, and smoked Paprika.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove and transfer to an oven safe dish. Lower oven temp to 350 degrees.
- Add maple syrup and cranberries to brussel sprouts, stir and top with canned fried onions. Bake for an additional 10 minutes for maple syrup to carmalize on the brussel sprouts.
- Serve warm, or can leave in an oven at 200 until ready to serve.