This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #spiceupspringtime #CheckOutOurBackside #GreenMountainGringo
Breakfast Tacos with Crispy Potatoes, soft scrambled eggs, warm tortillas, and topped with Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa.
The name implies breakfast tacos, but these potato and egg tacos can be enjoyed any meal of the day. They make a great meatless option, but still filling and packed with flavor.
All Green Mountain Gringo® salsa products use high quality and clean ingredients for a salsa that's delicious and healthy.
Click HERE to see where you can find Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa near you!
Ingredients You'll Need
Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa, Potatoes, Eggs, Tortillas, and Avocado.
Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa- This salsa gives the right amount of flavor and heat to these tacos. I've love supporting companies that take pride in providing a high quality product, and I can feel confident in serving it to my family.
You won't find questionable ingredients in this salsa, which is why Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa encourages you to, “Check Out Our Backside.”
How to Make Crispy Potatoes
I used baby Yukon potatoes, but red potatoes or russet will work, as well.
The important part is in the preparation of these potatoes. I prefer to roast my potatoes in the oven since they always turn out perfectly crispy.
Start by washing the potatoes and dice them into small, even chunks. You can leave the skin on if you prefer.
Then season the potatoes with some oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika for a little heat.
Spay a sheet pan with some oil and spread the potatoes on an even layer.
Roast at 375 F degrees for 25 min, flipping them over halfway through.
Check on the potatoes, if you want them more crispy, continue cooking for 5 minute increments until desired crispness is reached.
How to Make Soft Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs, something so simple but when overcooked can really ruin them!
Once I learned how to cook scrambled eggs low and slow, I was hooked. They turn out so soft, fluffy, and flavorful.
I start by adding a little butter to a skillet then turn it on medium low and allow it to heat up for 2 min. I beat the eggs and add a splash of water. The water evaporates and allows the eggs to turn out fluffy without adding any milk.
Then turn the pan to low, add the beaten eggs, and just occasionally move the eggs around the pan with a spatula. Once they start to firm up, turn off the heat and leave them in the skillet to keep warm until you're ready to serve.
How to Assemble the Potato and Egg Tacos
Start by warming up your flour tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds, or heat corn tortillas on a dry skillet on the stove.
Don't skip this step- cold tortillas will ruin your taco!
Then add a layer of the soft scrambled eggs and top with crispy potatoes.
Top the potato and egg tacos with a few dollops of Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa, and thinly sliced avocado.
It's a breakfast meal that's delicious any time of day!
Can the Potato and Egg Tacos be frozen?
Yes! These tacos can be made ahead of time and freeze for a quick breakfast or meal another day.
Cook the potatoes and eggs as stated in the recipe. Then assemble them either in corn, small flour, or burrito size tortillas for a larger portion.
Wrap each taco or burrito tightly with plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe zip top bag. Don't add the salsa or avocado, they need to be added after the tacos are reheated.
To reheat, remove from the plastic and microwave for 1-2 minutes, depending on the size of the taco.
Once heated, add the Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa and avocado and enjoy!
Want more Breakfast ideas? Check out these recipes:
When you make this recipe, please leave a Star Rating and Review below, I appreciate it!
Potato and Egg Breakfast Tacos
- Stove and Skillet
- 1 Jar Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa
- 6 Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 1 lb Yukon gold Potatoes Can use Red or Russet Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Oil plus more for greasing the pan
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 6 Whole Eggs Beaten with 1 Tbsp of Water
- 1 Tbsp Butter To cook the eggs
- 1 Avocado Thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Wash potatoes thoroughly and dice into small even pieces. Place in a bowl and add oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Mix well to coat each potato piece.
- Grease a large baking sheet with oil, and place potatoes in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Flipping them over halfway through. If potatoes are not crispy enough, cook for 5 more minutes or until desired crispness.
- Add butter to a skillet and turn it on medium low, allow it to heat up for 2 min, then turn the pan to low. Beat the eggs with water vigorously until smooth. The water evaporates and the eggs to turn out fluffy without adding any milk. Add the beaten eggs to the skillet, and just occasionally move the eggs around the pan gently with a spatula. Once they start to firm up, turn off the heat, and leave them in the skillet to keep warm until you're ready to serve.
- Heat flour tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until warm. Or heat corn tortillas in a dry skillet over high heat.
- Assemble tacos by adding a layer of scrambled eggs, potatoes, and top with Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa, and sliced avocado.
Want to Save this Recipe? Click on the Pinterest button below to Pin It!