One skillet and 4 ingredients is all you need for a flavor packed breakfast burrito. Breakfast doesn't have to be boring and these Chorizo, Potato, and Egg burritos will definitely spice up your breakfast routine.
Growing up in Texas, the breakfast of choice were Breakfast Tacos. These are an iconic Tex-Mex staple and to this day I still get withdrawals from my beloved Taco Cabana. My fellow Texans will know what I’m talking about 😉 Now living in Arizona, they don’t have breakfast tacos, but breakfast burritos. Same concept just in larger form. However if you’re like me and indecisive, then a breakfast taco is the perfect size to allow you to order multiple tacos. Either way, these chorizo, potato, and egg breakfast burritos will be good as tacos, nachos, or just straight out of the skillet for a lower carb breakfast.
These burritos are easy to make and require just 4 ingredients, the name already lists 3 of them. You could also add shredded cheese, but since I’m doing dairy free, I omitted the cheese. The best part is that you can make a large batch, roll the burritos, and place them in the freezer for an on the go breakfast. I wrap each burrito with plastic wrap then place them in a freezer bag. When you're ready to heat, just remove from the plastic and warm in the microwave. To keep them warm on your way to work, wrap them in foil.
Chorizo, Potato, and Egg, Breakfast Burritos
- 8 oz Mexican Pork or Beef Chorizo
- 1 Cup of diced potaotes
- 5 Eggs
- 4 large flour tortillas or 8 small ones for tacos
- Shredded Cheese Sour Cream, Refried Beans, Avocado, or Salsa.
- In a large skillet, cook the chorizo over medium heat. It will look very greasy, it's done once the meat crisps up. Drain with paper towels or my hack using a large coffee filter.
- Leave any leftover grease in the skillet and cook the potatoes. You can use the pre-diced ones in a bag or pierce a white potato with a fork all over and microwave for 3 minutes to soften it. Then cut into even dices and place in the skillet to brown.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the drained chorizo back into the skillet, mix, and add the eggs. Cook until the eggs are done.
- Warm flour tortillas in the microwave until soft and assemble burrito.
- To store the burritos, wrap each burrito with plastic wrap then place them in a freezer bag. When you're ready to heat, just remove from the plastic and warm in the microwave. To keep them warm on your way to work, wrap them in foil.