Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce is all you need to take your grilled chicken from bland to smokey and spicy.
Sometimes simplicity is just the best, like this Chipotle Chicken that only needs a single can of chipotle peppers to punch up the flavors! I was inspired by my Chicken Tinga recipe and wanted a quick marinade for Chicken breast. You can use this marinade for chicken thighs too.
If you've never used Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, then this is your chance. A little goes a long way, and they can be used a variety of ways like this marinade, a chipotle-based sauce, or in a salsa. More than likely you won't use the whole can and the remaining can be stored in a container in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
The chipotle chicken pairs really well with a fresh pineapple salsa and adds acidity and brightness to the spice of the chicken. I made this a low carb dish with cauliflower rice, but you can definitely use regular rice, or serve with mixed greens, or as a taco! This meal is perfect for meal prep since you can grill a bunch of chicken and the Pineapple salsa will stay good for a couple days in the fridge.
With Summer coming up, I'm looking forward to making easy recipes like this that can be made on the grill and served with a refreshing side.
Want more Easy Grill Recipes? Check these out:
When you make this recipe, please leave a Star Rating and Review below, I appreciate it!
One Ingredient Chipotle Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast or Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (Can) I used 2 full Tbsp and it had some good heat. Use more or less depending on your spice tolerance.
- 1 Tbsp Oil To prevent chicken from sticking to the grill.
- 1 tsp Salt
Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple Cut into small chunks
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Red Onion
- ½ tsp Salt
- Use desired amount of chipotle peppers and place in a small bowl. With a spoon break up the pepper. Mix Chicken, chipotles, salt, and oil in a bowl or zip top bag and distribute marinade evenly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Place on grill or a cast iron skillet on the stove and cook till internal temp reads 165 degrees.
Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Remove ends of Pineapple, then stand up right and slice off outer skin. Cut into small pieces, i used about 1 cup of pineapple.
- Mix with chopped cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and salt.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, regular rice, over mixed greens, or as a taco.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want to Save this Recipe? Click on the Pinterest button below to Pin It!