A tangy and hearty salad of fresh veggies, grilled cilantro lime chicken, and a homemade creamy cilantro dressing.
I love making big salads that pack in flavor, nutrients, and protein. The star of this salad is the juicy Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken. The recipe shows chicken thighs, which has a ton of flavor. You can also use the marinade on chicken breast, tenders, or even shrimp.
My favorite is when the chicken is still hot off the grill and it wilts the lettuce, so you get a warm and cold effect. Also, if you've never tried grilled Romaine, I highly recommend it. Check out my Grilled Romaine Recipe.
You can also wait for the chicken to cool down if you prefer your salad cold.
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dressing
While the chicken is grilling, prep the salad ingredients and dressing. For the dressing I made a creamy cilantro lime sauce.
Making homemade dressing isn't complicated, and the best part is that you control the sodium and adjust to your preference.
Ingredients: Plain Greek Yogurt, garlic, cilantro, salt, lime juice and zest.
Add everything to a food chopper and blend. If the dressing is too thick add a splash of water until the desired consistency is reached.
The dressing can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Meal prep the salad in individual container and store the dressing separately. I also don't add the avocado until the day I'm eating it. Or buy these handy avocado singles.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 Cilantro Lime Chicken Pieces Recipe Here
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- ½ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 Lime squeezed and zested
- ½ Cup loosely packed Cilantro stems included
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 can Black Beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Corn or grilled corn on the cob and sliced off.
- 1 Avocado diced
- Refer to Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe for marinade and instructions.
- For Dressing, place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy. If the dressing is too thick, you can add a splash of water to thin it out.
- Assemble salad wih lettuce, toppings, and sliced chicken. Drizzle on dressing and stir to combine.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.