This post has been sponsored by MorningStar Farms®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A vegan milanesa torta made with MorningStar Farms Chik Patties on a toasted bolillo roll topped with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and pickled red onions.
Summer is just around the corner, and that means longer days, backyard pool time, and meals that don't require slaving over a hot stove. Sandwiches are always a staple this time of year because they are easy to make and portable to eat. I fell in love with MorningStar Farms® Original Chik patties since they are convenient plant-based protein and taste really good.
While I enjoy trying more plant-based options, the real test is always the hubby and kids. Well, guess what...they loved it, too! It's a win when everyone eats the exact same meal for dinner. The best part is that these Vegan Milanesa Tortas are a breeze to make and the colorful toppings make it feel special enough for a party or cookout.
Click here to learn more about MorningStar Farms and check for savings and grilling season tips throughout the summer!
Tips on Making Vegan Milanesa Torta
I tried both microwaving and baking the patties; while the microwave was a quick option, baking the Chik Patties in the oven resulted in a crispier crust. Follow the instructions on the package for best results!
Toast the Bolillo rolls, these rolls can be found at most local supermarkets, or sub a baguette. I also spread a layer of butter on the rolls before toasting. If you need it to be vegan, sub vegan butter or skip it.
Pickle the red onions a few hours before making the tortas. I do fresh lime juice, salt, and sliced red onions. These add a nice brightness and pop of color to the torta.
To get even coverage on the bolillo roll, I sliced the MorningStar Farms Chik patties and placed them spread out on the roll.
Building the Torta
Once the rolls are toasted, spread a layer of mayo on each side. You can sub vegan mayo, too.
Place the sliced MorningStar Farms Chik Patty across the roll, then top with butter lettuce, sliced tomatoes, avocado slices, and pickled red onions. If you want some spice, add some sliced jalapenos.
These Vegan Milanesa Tortas are going to be on rotation this summer with my family, especially since they are delicious and easy to prepare. MorningStar Farms is plant-based goodness made for everyone.
Vegan Milanesa Torta
- 4 Bolillo Rolls Can sub Baguette or French bread. Toast with Butter or Vegan Butter.
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Original Chik Patties 1 Package
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise or Vegan Mayo
- 4 Lettuce Leaves Butter/ Bib or Romaine
- 1 Tomato Sliced
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- ¼ Red Onion Sliced Thin and Mixed with Lime Juice and ½ teaspoon Salt. Let sit in fridge for at least 1 hr.
- Slice red onions thin and place in a small jar with fresh lime juice and ½ teaspoon of salt. Place in the fridge and allow to sit for at least 1 hour, longer if possible. These will stay good for a few days in the fridge if you want to make them ahead.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place frozen chik patties on baking sheet and heat for 16-18 minutes. For crispier patties, turn over halfway through heating time. You can microwave the chik patties, but they will turn out crispier in the oven.
- Toast bolillo rolls in the oven, toaster oven, or in a skillet with butter. Sub vegan butter or skip for vegan.
- Once chik patties are done, slice them into 4 even slices. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each side of the rolls. Place sliced chik patties across bun, top with lettuce tomato, avocado, and pickled red onions. For spice, add sliced jalapenos.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Marci Symington says
I love Morningstar breakfast sausages, and will have to branch out by trying this!
They are Surprisingly really good! Let me know if you try it 🙂