A creamy cilantro lime dressing made with yogurt for a quick and healthy salad dressing or dip.
While the name implies dressing, this yogurt cilantro lime sauce is so versatile. It’s great as a dip for veggies, in wraps, or as a sauce for grilled chicken or meat.
It’s just 5 simple ingredients to make this yogurt cilantro lime dressing.
I also like to add a jalapeno or serrano for spice, but since my kids were eating this, I did not add one.
You can modify this recipe based on your preference, what you have on hand, or your dietary needs.
- Cilantro- Substitute Basil or Parsley
- Garlic- Omit or use granulated garlic
- Lime- Substitute Lemon
- Yogurt- I prefer Greek Yogurt, but you can use sour cream or a plant based yogurt for a dairy free version
How to Serve and Store
Serve the dressing immediately or store in a glass bottle/container up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
The dressing will begin to separate as it sits, just give it a shake before serving.
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dressing
- Blender or Food Chopper
- ½ cup Cilantro + Stems
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt I used 5% Fat
- 1 Lime + Zest
- ½ tsp Salt
- Water If needed to thin it out.
- Place cilantro and garlic clove in a food chopper or blender and pulse to chop finely.
- Wash a lime and use a zester or grater on the whole lime. Only zest the green part of the skin. Add to the chopped cilantro along with the juice of the lime.
- Add Yogurt and Salt to the chopper and pulse. If the dressing is too thick add a splash of water to thin it out.
- Taste to see if additional lime or salt is needed. Store in a sealed jar or container for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.