Crispy tostadas, creamy re-fried beans, and Rotisserie chicken make a fast and easy Mexican Meal.
Sometimes simple ingredients are all you need to make a great meal. I've professed my love before for rotisserie chicken. It's just so convenient to pick one up at the store and have juicy flavorful chicken at your fingertips.
In fact all the ingredients can be store bought if you need dinner done in less than 10 minutes. You can get crispy tostada shells, canned refried beans, pre-shredded lettuce, and fresh tomato salsa if you don't have time to chop tomatoes. If you're already at the grocery store might as well take advantage of these conveniences.
On the flip side, these conveniences will cost you extra money, so if you have time to plan ahead then it will be more cost effective. Plus once you try my recipe for homemade re-fried beans, you'll be hooked!
How to Make Chicken Tostadas
Tostadas- These can be baked, fried, or storebought. I prefer the baked version, and you can make a big batch all at once in the oven. Simply spray corn tortillas with oil and place them right on the oven racks and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crispy.
Re-fried Beans- Canned are of course easiest, but I had frozen a batch of homemade beans that I made re-fried beans with. And man are they so good. I could just eat a plate of homemade re-fried beans and chips and be a happy camper.
Chicken- You can use Rotisserie chicken, shred it up and pile it on top of the layer of beans. Or if you have leftover chicken from a meal before, then by all means use that too. Another great option is my 2 ingredient Salsa Chicken.
Toppings- Here's where you can get creative. I did lettuce, tomato, Mexican crema, and jalapenos. I've also made them with chunky salsa, or with shredded cheese for my kids. Or have a topping bar and let everyone choose what they want on their tostada. It's fun, easy, and a stress free meal!
Want a spicier version? Check out my Chicken Tinga Tostadas.
Easy Chicken Tostadas
- 8 Corn Tortillas or Pre-Made Tostada Shells
- 1 Cup Canned Re-Fried Beans or Homemade Re-fried Beans
- 2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken or Shredded Chicken
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped or Store bought chunky salsa
- Mexican Crema
- Sliced Jalapenos or Salsa for spice
- To make homemade tostada shells- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray corn tortillas with cooking oil spray and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Spread a layer of re-fried beans on tostada shell, top with shredded rotisserie chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, and drizzle with Mexican Crema.