An antioxidant and vitamin packed margarita made with Elderberry tea, tequila, and fresh lime.
This refreshing margarita is also packed with antioxidants and vitamins from Elderberry, which also gives it a beautiful color.
One of the skills I've learned in 2020 is to become my own bartender!
I've learned that delicious cocktails are really easy to make, and I can adjust the taste to what I like.
What You'll Need: Tequila Blanco, Elderberry Syrup (Elderberry Tea + Sugar), Lime Juice, and Sparkling Water.
Spirit: I used a silver or blanco tequila, however I've use the same recipe with vodka and whisky. So feel free to try different spirits.
Elderberry Syrup: I did a homemade simple syrup by steeping bags of elderberry tea and mixing it with sugar. This recipe makes 1 cup of elderberry syrup, and can be stored in a glass container for a couple weeks.
However you can also use an elderberry syrup, which is great when you're feeling under the weather.
The Elderberry syrup makes a great Mocktail too!
Lime Juice: Fresh Lime juice is essential to balance out the sweetness of the elderberry syrup.
Sparkling Water: I finished the drink with splash of Sparkling water. Flavored soda water would be good too.
Salt and Sugar Rim- Mixing both sugar and salt together creates a sweet and salty balance that goes so good with this margarita.
To make this margarita even more festive, garnish with some fresh rosemary or mint sprigs.
If you want to make this a batch cocktail, duplicate based on the number of servings you need. Then mix everything together except for the ice and sparkling water.
Check out my recipe for a Grapefruit Margarita or Paloma.
Margaritas go perfect with:
Did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a star rating and comment below. I appreciate it, Thank You!
Elderberry Tea Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 bags Elderberry Tea
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt and Sugar for Rim of Glass
- 1-2 oz Tequila Blanco 1 oz for a lighter drink, 2 oz for a stronger drink. Can also use Vodka or Whisky.
- 1 oz Elderberry Syrup
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- Sparkling Water
Elderberry Tea Syrup
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, add 3 bags of Elderberry tea, turn off heat, and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, bring back to a boil, add 1 cup of sugar, mix until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool before storing in a glass container in the fridge. Elderberry syrup can be stored in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- In a small plate mix 1 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of salt. Rub the rim of the glass with a lime wedge and circle around the plate of salt and sugar.
- Mix Tequila, Elderberry syrup, Lime Juice, and fill cup with ice. Top with sparkling water and garnish with rosemary or mint.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.