Skinny Spicy Margarita Recipe is Easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients. It's refreshing, low in sugar, and the jalapeno gives it a nice kick!
What Makes a Margarita Skinny?
A skinny margarita has a lower amount of sugar and calories compared to a traditional margarita. This one is 180 calories per a margarita.
Tequila is the only spirit in this drink. Triple sec and orange liquor add more calories and sugar to a margarita.
We also use fresh lime juice which provides balance and acidity to the drink. Love citrus? Try my recipe for a Paloma Cocktail, it combines fresh grapefruit juice with lime and tequila.
How to Make it Spicy
I left the seeds in because the jalapeno was not spicy. But you can de-seed the jalapeno by slicing it half lengthwise and removing the seeds.
The second way is to infuse the tequila with jalapeno. This typically takes a couple days for the flavor to build.
Add sliced jalapenos to a mason jar, fill with tequila, place a lid on and let sit either room temperature or in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can make a pitcher of margaritas, just use the quantity scaler on the recipe card to change the amounts based on servings.
Yes, but keep in mind it will be more icey than creamy. Since there is no fruit in this margarita it won't have the creaminess of a traditional blended margarita.
This skinny spicy margarita can also be made sparkling by topping it off with club soda or my favorite Topo Chico. This combo is so refreshing for the summer months.
If you want to try something a little stronger and smoky, check out this Mezcal Old Fashioned cocktail.
Skinny Spicy Margarita Recipe
- Mixing Glass or Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Jalapeno sliced thin
- 2 ounce Tequila Blanco
- 1 ounce Lime Juice
- ½ ounce Agave Syrup or Honey
- 1 tablespoon Chili Lime Salt + Lime Wedge or Tajin
- Optional: Sparkling Water
- Slice Jalapeno into thin circles. For less spice, cut the jalapeno in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds.
- Add a few jalapenos slices to a mixing glass or cocktail shaker. Use a muddler or spoon to press against the jalapeno.
- Add Tequila, Agave, Lime juice, and ice to a shaker. Shake for 10 seconds. Or use a mixing spoon and stir until combined.
- Use a lime wedge to moisten the rim of a glass, then dip into the chili lime salt.
- Fill cup with ice and pour cocktail over ice. For a sparkling option top with club soda. Garnish with jalapeno slices.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.