A Festive Holiday Cocktail made with pomegranate arils, juice, and Prosecco Rosé. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary for a pop of green.
I love a Pretty Holiday cocktail and even better when it's easy to make for yourself or guests. This Pomegranate Prosecco Rosé Cocktail looks beautiful and tastes balanced, not overly sweet or dry. Or try this festive Elderberry Margarita.
How to Cut a Whole Pomegranate
Pomegranates are in season October-January, and are the perfect mix-in for a festive cocktail. Plus the seeds or arils are packed with antioxidants, so you get a cocktail and benefits!
Watch the video below on how to cut a whole pomegranate. The method I used is to slice off the top, then cut sections to break apart the pomegranate and remove the seeds.
I've also seen the method of slicing the pomegranate in half then using a wooden spoon to tap out the seeds. You can see which method works best for you!
What kinds of Prosecco to Use?
I'm using Prosecco Rosé, which Costco has a delicious and affordable one. The Rosé gives the drink a deeper blush color and the notes of fruit complement the pomegranate juice.
You can also substitute regular prosecco or champagne. Just be sure it's nice and chilled.
To serve this drink at a party have the prosecco chilled on ice, a small bowl and spoon for the pomegranate arils, and a bottle or glass of the pomegranate juice.
Also have sprigs of washed and dried rosemary to garnish the drinks. To make it even more festive, you can dip the rosemary in water then roll in sugar.
Leave me a comment below if you try this cocktail, Cheers!
Pomegranate Prosecco Rosé Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate Arils
- 1 ounce Pomegranate Juice or substitute cranberry juice
- 4 ounce Prosecco Rosé or regular Prosecco
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- If using a whole pomegranate, slice off the top and cut sections down the sides. Break off each section and remove pomegranate arils, discard any of the skin and white flesh.
- Add pomegranate arils to a champagne flute, pomegranate juice, top with chilled Prosecco Rosé and garnish with a rosemary sprig.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.