Egg Roll in a bowl with ground turkey and buffalo mayo is a one pan meal that's easy, healthy, and ready in 20 minutes!
This Egg Roll in a Bowl is what weeknight dreams are made of. It comes together in 20 minutes, one pan, requires no chopping, and the whole family enjoyed it!
Ingredients and Substitutions
I used Ground Turkey for the meat and a stir fry sauce made of low sodium soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and rice vinegar.
If you don't have these on hand, here are some substitutions.
Rice Vinegar Substitutes- Any type of vinegar works, apple cider or white vinegar. Or you can squeeze some fresh lime or lemon at the end.
Ground Turkey Substitutes- Any ground meat would work in this dish. If you need to make this meatless, try diced mushrooms and edamame as a protein substitute.
Coleslaw Mix- You can substitute packaged broccoli slaw, shredded napa cabbage, or chopped kale.
We're using the entire 16 oz bag of coleslaw, so this dish is packed with veggies!
Buffalo Mayo Substitutes- I wanted a spicy creamy sauce to top the Egg Roll in a bowl dish and mixed equal parts buffalo sauce and mayo. You can substitute sriracha or any hot sauce of your choice. And for the mayo you can substitute sour cream or plain yogurt.
How to Serve and Store
I served the Egg Roll in a Bowl over cauliflower rice for a low carb meal. You can also use regular rice, quinoa, noodles, or in lettuce leaves for wraps.
This recipe is a great meal prep option. Just store into individual containers in the refrigerator and re-heat for a quick meal.
This Egg Roll in a Bowl can be refrigerated up to 5 days.
Here are some other tasty stir fry dishes:
Egg Roll In a Bowl
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil substitute any cooking oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey substitute any ground meat
- 16 oz Coleslaw Mix or substitute broccoli slaw, shredded napa cabbage, or kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
Stir Fry Sauce
Buffalo Mayo Drizzle
Optional Garnishes: Sliced Green Onions or Cilantro.
- In a pan over medium heat add oil and ground turkey, break apart and cook thoroughly. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add sauce, stir well then add entire bag of coleslaw. Place a lid on the pan and allow to cook for a couple minutes, then remove lid and stir. Most of the coleslaw should be wilted down.
- Taste and see if additional seasoning is needed. Serve with rice and top with a spicy mayo.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.