Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry is the perfect combination of protein, veggies, and a delicious sauce for an easy plant-based meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Looking for a quick and healthy meal that’s packed with flavor? Look no further than Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry! Whether you’re a vegetarian, vegan, or just looking to add more plant-based meals to your diet, this recipe is a must-try.
Tofu and vegetables are also very affordable making this a budget friendly meal. Serve it with this Coconut Lime Rice for even more flavor.
These are the main ingredients you’ll need to make the Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry. Feel free to customize any of the vegetables to your preference
- Block Extra Firm Tofu – Tofu is a great plant-based source of protein and is often used as a meat substitute in vegetarian and vegan dishes. The extra firm variety holds its shape well during cooking and has a slightly chewy texture.
- Garlic Cloves – Garlic is a staple ingredient in many savory dishes. It adds a pungent, slightly spicy flavor and is known for its health benefits, such as boosting immunity and reducing inflammation.
- Broccoli Florets – Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that’s high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It adds a pop of color and nutrients to the dish, as well as a slightly crunchy texture.
- Sliced Carrots – Carrots are another nutritious vegetable that’s high in vitamin A, antioxidants, and fiber. They add a touch of sweetness and a bright orange color to the dish.
- Sliced Mushroom – Mushrooms are a flavorful ingredient that adds an earthy, umami taste to the stir fry. They’re also a good source of protein and B vitamins.
- Sliced Bell Pepper – Bell peppers come in a variety of colors and add a sweet, slightly tangy flavor to the dish. They’re also high in vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Teriyaki Sauce– The recipe shows how to make your own sauce or use your favorite store bough sauce.
How To Prepare Tofu
I prefer to prepare the tofu with a slightly crispy texture on the outside. This helps holds it shape when stir frying. I use this same method to make Tofu Pad See Ew.
Once the tofu is pressed, slice into even cubes and sprinkle each tofu piece with some all purpose flour. This helps the tofu get crispy and absorb more of the teriyaki sauce.
Place tofu into oil gently and cook on each side until they turn a light golden color. You can use small tongs to flip the tofu pieces or turn them over with a spatula.
Once each piece is golden, remove the tofu and season it with some salt.
How to Make the Stir Fry
In the same pan, add some sesame oil and minced garlic. Once fragrant, bring the heat up to high and add in all the vegetables.
Toss them quickly and allow the vegetables to soften slightly. Add the tofu, the teriyaki sauce, and a splash of water.
Continue stirring over high heat until the tofu and veggies are coated in the sauce.
How to Serve and Store
Serve the Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry warm with some jasmine rice. You can also do noodles or even on it’s own.
To store teriyaki tofu stir fry, you should transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate it promptly. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. This makes a great meal prep option for the week.
When reheating, you can do so on the stove or in the microwave until heated through. The stir fry may become slightly less crispy after being stored, but it will still be delicious!
More Tofu Recipes:
Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
- Remove the block of tofu from the carton and place in a tofu press or on a plate with a paper towel and cast iron skillet on top. Press for 15 minutes.
- Chop the carrots, mushrooms, bell pepper, and broccoli while the tofu presses.
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar in small bowl and set aside.
- Slice the tofu into even sized cubes and place in a plate or bowl. Add the All purpose flour and toss to coat each piece of tofu.
- Heat a non stick skillet with oil and add the tofu. Allow each side to cook undisturbed for a few minutes or until a golden color develops.
- Remove tofu from the skillet and set aside. Add sesame oil to the same pan along with minced garlic.
- Turn the heat up to high and add all the vegetables into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, tossing them often.
- Add the cooked tofu into the pan with the vegetables along with the teriyaki sauce and a splash of water. Continue tossing until all the tofu and vegetables are coated in the sauce. Add more water if needed and taste for seasoning.
- Serve warm with rice or noodles.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.