Easy to use Crescent dough forms the base of this kid approved Taco Pizza for a fast weeknight meal!
Similar to my Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe I posted, this Taco Pizza has some Mexican flavors, but combined with some kid friendly components. My kids Love pizza, probably the consensus of most kids. I mean I can't blame them... It's doughy, cheesy, and you can eat it with your hands. So to change up our Taco night, I decided to make a pizza version using the same ingredients I typically use in crunchy tacos.
I've seen a few Taco Pizza's that use a cream cheese or sour cream base, but I decided to use re-fried beans as the base, and omit the cheese on my portion so I could enjoy it too. I always keep a tube of crescent dough in the fridge. It's so versatile for quick snacks, breakfast, or easy dinner recipes like this! The Taco Pizza looks so pretty once it's assembled and would be great for a party too. I added some extra hot sauce and pickled jalapenos on mine 😉
My son loved this Taco Pizza and said it was better than a fast food Mexican Pizza that he likes to get when we go on road trips. Not sure how much of a compliment that is, but I'll take it! My picky daughter also ate it, but minus the lettuce and extra avocado. And the hubby, well he loved it too!
I know this isn't the healthiest dish, so if you are looking for a more balanced meal, then I would suggest serving this pizza with a side of cumbers, or mixed greens dressed with some lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper (My go to salad dressing). You can also load up on the shredded lettuce, tomato, and avocado to make it more filling and nutritious. However you decide to serve this Taco pizza, I'm sure it's going to be a family favorite!
Be sure to tag me on IG @ThaiCaliente if you make any of my recipes and follow me on Pinterest to save them to your boards.
Crescent Dough Taco Pizza
- 2 Tubes Crescent Roll Dough
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Packet Taco seasoning or Homemade Seasoning
- ¼ Cup Water or Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Re-Fried Beans
- Shredded Cheese, Shredded Lettuce, Chopped Tomatoes, Avocado, Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream, Pickled Jalapenos.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get a large rimmed baking sheet and roll out crescent dough. Gently press down and seal seams together until the entire sheet is lined with the dough. Bake dough for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Brown ground beef with taco seasoning, drain any excess fat if needed. Then add water or tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Prep toppings, remove dough from oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread an even layer of re-fried beans on dough. Then top with ground beef, cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and dollops of Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.