These taco wonton cups are a crowd pleaser, and kids love them too! Pile on your favorite filling and toppings for a fun and easy meal!
These mini vessels have a light and crispy crunch followed by a kick of salsa verde shredded chicken inside. What makes these Taco wonton cups easy to prepare is the 2 ingredient salsa chicken as the base. Yes, you read that right, just 2 ingredients for flavorful, juicy shredded chicken. Use your favorite salsa (I like Trader Joe’s hatch green chili salsa), and add chicken breast to crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.
* Update (July 2017)- I made this Salsa Chicken in my Instant Pot. I placed partially frozen chicken breast and 2 cups of Green Chili Salsa and cooked on high pressure for 20 minutes. Same results as the crockpot but in 20 minutes!! If you’ve been debating on getting this magical gadget, I highly recommend it!
The filling for these Taco Wonton Cups are completely customizable to what you like. Here’s a video showing how to make them with Ground Beef Taco meat.
-Spray a 12 cupcake pan with cooking oil and preheat oven to 350 degrees. —Carefully place wonton wrapper into cupcake pan and press down lightly. You can find wonton wrappers at your local grocery store usually next to tofu or other refrigerated Asian products.
-Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Keep an eye on them since they can over bake easily.
-Remove from oven and allow wonton cups to cool. Then fill with your toppings or have a build your own Taco Wonton.
I served these with a side a black beans for a complete meal. Let’s just say we didn’t have any leftovers! Try these wonton taco cups for your next taco night or as an appetizer for your next party. Either way they are sure to be a hit!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Be sure to tag me on IG @ThaiCaliente if you make any of my recipes and follow me on Pinterest to save them to your boards.
Taco Wonton Cups With Salsa Verde Chicken
Baked Wonton wrappers are the perfect twist for Taco Night. Fill them with Salsa Chicken and pile on your favorite toppings.
- 12 Wonton Wrappers Sprayed with cooking oil
- 1 Cup Shredded Salsa Chicken Recipe Linked Below
- 1/2 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
Spray a cupcake pan with cooking oil and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Carefully place wonton wrapper into a cupcake pan and press down lightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Keep an eye on them since they can over bake easily.
Remove cups from pan and assemble with filling and toppings
Recipe for Salsa Chicken, but I used Green Salsa instead.