This creamy chipotle pasta with shrimp has a spicy kick and comes together easily for a quick weeknight meal.
I used shrimp since it cooks quickly, but chicken or just pasta would still be delicious. The sauce is creamy, luscious, and so flavorful!
The ingredients to make the Creamy Chipotle Shrimp Pasta are simple and minimal. Here's what you'll need:
- Cream Cheese
- Half and Half
- Chicken Broth
- Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
The chipotles in adobo sauce will typically be in a can. I used 3 whole peppers and it was spicier than a medium heat. Use 1 or 2 peppers for less heat.
You can also substitute chicken bouillon and water for the chicken broth.
Add the chicken broth, half and half, cream cheese, garlic, and chipotles to a blender. Blend until a smooth sauce forms. Taste and see if additional salt and pepper is needed.
How to Cook the Shrimp
Start by peeling and deveining the shrimp. I left the tails on, but you can remove them to make it easier to eat.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. For more flavor you can add some garlic powder and paprika.
In a large skillet, add butter and the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp are no longer opaque, but don't overcook them.
Once the Shrimp is cooked, leave them in the skillet over low heat and add the blended sauce.
Assembling and Serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Choose your type of pasta, I used spaghetti noodles, and cook it according to the package directions.
Once the pasta is cooked, drain it, and add it to the sauce and shrimp. Taste for additional seasoning and serve it immediately. You can garnish with extra red pepper flakes for more heat.
This Creamy Chipotle Pasta with Shrimp is a filling meal on it own, but can be paired with some crusty bread, roasted vegetables, or a side salad.
This pasta is best eaten the day of, since shrimp and pasta don't reheat as well. However, I did have some leftovers and ate it the next day.
To reheat, I heated it up in a nonstick skillet and added the pasta with a splash of milk to get the consistency back. I wouldn't keep shrimp leftovers for more than 1 day.
More Shrimp Recipes:
Creamy Chipotle Pasta with Shrimp
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with salt. Add pasta and cook to package directions.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Taste to see if additional salt and pepper is needed.
- Peel and devein shrimp, you can also remove the tails if you like. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and once melted add the shrimp to the pan.
- Cook shrimp until no longer opaque, don't overcook the shrimp. Turn the heat to low and add the blended chipotle sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the sauce and shrimp. Toss gently to coat the pasta with the sauce. Taste for seasoning and serve.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.