Easy and Refreshing Gin Cocktail made with muddled Thai basil and Cucumber.
My preferred cocktails tend to be on lighter side with fresh aromatics. I also love adding sparkling water to give it some effervescent.
These type of cocktails are easy to make at home with simple ingredients and don't require any fancy bar tools.
How to make a muddled cocktail
While I used a wooden muddle stick to make this cocktail, it's totally not necessary!
Here are some other options if you don't have a muddler:
- Large wooden spoon- Use the end (make sure it's clean) and muddle the ingredients.
- Regular Spoon- Use the spoon to press the ingredients against the sides of the glass to release the juices and aroma.
Otherwise muddlers are pretty affordable and come in handy for making cocktails.
This basil and cucumber cocktail is made with gin, however I also tried it with vodka and it paired well too. I'm using Thai Basil, since I have a large plant in my garden, but Italian basil will work as well.
To make a large batch of this recipe, mix all the ingredients in a small pitcher except for the ice and sparkling water. To serve fill each glass with ice, pour the cocktail mixture halfway in the glass, then top with sparkling water.
Garnish with cucumber slices and a sprig of basil. Watch how to make it Here.
Thai Basil and Cucumber Gin Cocktail Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Cucumber (diced small plus more for garnish)
- 1 Sprig Thai Basil Plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 2 oz Gin or Vodka
- Ice and top with sparkling water
- Add diced cumbers, basil leaves, and sugar to a glass and muddle until sugar is dissolved.
- Add fresh lime juice, gin or vodka, and fill glass with ice. Top with your choice of sparkling water or club soda.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.