Rotisserie Chicken tostadas are great for busy days to have a quick and easy Mexican Meal.
When you're short on time pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store along with a few other ingredients and these chicken tostadas are ready in 15 minutes!
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken Tostadas
The Tostadas can be baked, fried, or store-bought. I prefer the baked version, and you can make a big batch all at once in the oven.
Simply spray corn tortillas with oil and place them right on the oven racks and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crispy.
Next spread a layer of refried beans on the tostada. Canned are of course easiest, but I had frozen a batch of homemade beans that I simply heated and pulsed in the blender till smooth.
Now you're going to shred all the meat from you rotisserie chicken. Or if you have leftover chicken from a meal before, then by all means use that too. Another great option is my 2 ingredient Salsa Chicken.
Toppings- Here's where you can get creative. I did lettuce, tomato, Mexican crema, and jalapenos.
I've also topped these chicken tostadas with chunky salsa, or with shredded cheese for my kids. Or have a topping bar and let everyone choose what they want on their tostada. It's fun, easy, and a stress free meal!
Want a spicier version? Check out my Chicken Tinga Tostadas.
Rotisserie Chicken Tostadas
- 8 Corn Tortillas or Pre-Made Tostada Shells
- 1 Cup Re-Fried Beans of choice Canned or Homemade
- 2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken or leftover shredded chicken
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped or store bought chunky salsa
- Toppings: Mexican Cream, sour cream, cheese, hot sauce, jalapenos, pickled onions, or Avocado.
- To make homemade tostada shells- Preheat oven or toasted oven to 400 degrees. Bake tortillas on oven rack for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Prep and chop any toppings you'll be using. Spread a layer of re-fried beans on tostada shell, top with shredded rotisserie chicken, and add your favorite toppings.