Lettuce wraps made with rotisserie chicken, colorful vegetables, and a flavorful Thai peanut sauce for a healthy no-cook meal.
When my plate is colorful and pretty looking, I think it actually tastes better too. They say you eat with your eyes first, so that make sense!
Colorful veggies add a fun pop to these Thai Chicken lettuce wraps, the rotisserie chicken makes them quick and filling, and the peanut dressing is amazing!
It's the same peanut sauce I use for my Rice Paper Rolls.
These Chicken Lettuce wraps come together quickly and make a great fresh lunch. I'm using rotisserie chicken, but if you have cooked shredded chicken or even shrimp would work too.
Here's what I used:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Colorful Vegetables
- Peanut Sauce
Another shortcut is to buy a bag of tri-color coleslaw. Then you don't need to chop anything.
This is what will give flavor and creaminess to the lettuce wrap. I could eat this sauce everyday!
It may seem like a lot of ingredients, but if you do a lot of Asian Cooking, most of these ingredients are staples.
The outcome of the sauce can depend on the type of peanut butter you use. If you are using a natural peanut butter that is refrigerated, then you'll need to place it in a bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds or until it is easy to stir. Another option is to add a splash of warm water to the sauce.
The sauce will look like it's not coming together, but have faith and keep mixing it. You can also place all the ingredients of the sauce in a mini food chopper.
Build the lettuce wraps using Butter or Bibb lettuce and top with some chopped peanuts for more crunch.
Rotisserie Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- ¼ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Fish Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Dried or dehydrated Ginger. 1 teaspoon if using fresh grated Ginger.
- ¼ teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Siracha Sauce Use less for mild spice
- 2-4 tablespoon Warm Water Mix first then add 1 tablespoon at a time till desired consistency is reached I added all 4 tablespoon of water.
- 1 Head of Butter or Baby lettuce
- 2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots I used pre shredded
- 1 Cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 Cup Chopped Cucumbers
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onions
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Lime sliced for squeezing
- Warm Peanut Butter in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it easier to mix. Add all ingredients except for water. Mix well, then add 1 tablespoon of warm water at a time, and mix till desired consistency is reached. You can also add all the sauce ingredients to a blender or mini food processor and blend.
- Place one or two leaves of washed lettuce, add shredded chicken, purple cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, green onion, and cilantro leaves. Squeeze a lime wedge on top, then drizzle peanut sauce, and top with chopped peanuts.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.