Fresh Vibrant Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Dressing are full of flavor and crunch.
I'm continuing my healthy food series with a delicious and vibrant Thai chicken lettuce wrap with peanut dressing. When my plate is colorful and pretty looking, I think it actually tastes better too. They say you eat with your eyes first, so that make sense! Colorful veggies add a fun pop to these Thai Chicken lettuce wraps, the rotisserie chicken makes them quick and filling, and the peanut dressing is amazing!
These lettuce wraps actually remind me of the days when I wasn't that great of a cook! I was living in Las Vegas, and my friend Monique and I would always go eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Our favorite dish to share were the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. We wanted to recreate them at home one day and I was nominated to make them, I'm guessing because I'm Thai lol. Well let's just say they didn't turn out so good! I know what you're thinking, how can you mess up lettuce wraps?? The Cheesecake Factory serves them with rice noodles, and when we tried make them, the noodles ended up being a big sticky glob! Thankfully I learned a few tips over the past 10 years and can proudly say I've progressed as a cook 🙂 I know Monique would love these lettuce wraps!
To keep these Thai chicken lettuce wraps low-carb, I didn't add noodles, plus I didn't want to risk creating a noodle blob again lol. Instead I made a bomb @$$ Peanut Dressing to drizzle on top. I'm serious this dressing is so good and will make almost anything taste better! I've used it in salads, quesadillas, with steak, and as a dip for veggies. The sauce will store in the fridge for about 5 days, but good luck making it last that long, because you'll want to eat it with everything!
As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been using rotisserie chicken in a lot of my recipes. I love how its a time saver and taste great. The veggies for the Thai chicken lettuce wraps do require some prep work, but you can chop and dice a large batch on Sunday, store them in individual containers, and have them available for lunch or dinner during the week. You could also make your own grilled or baked chicken, but I took a shortcut with the rotisserie chicken. Assemble the lettuce wraps with some baby or butter lettuce, pile on the toppings, and give a nice drizzle with that delicious peanut sauce. I also added some chopped honey roasted peanuts to give a nice sweet crunch at the end. Enjoy!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Dressing
Peanut Dressing: (This makes about half a cup, you can double it if you want more)
- ¼ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter Warm in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it easier to mix
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Fish Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Dried or dehydrated Ginger. 1 teaspoon if using fresh grated Ginger.
- ¼ teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Siracha Sauce Use less for mild spice
- 2-4 tablespoon Water Mix first then add 1 tablespoon at a time till desired consistency is reached I added all 4 tablespoon of water.
- 1 Head of Butter or Baby lettuce
- 2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots I used store bought
- 1 Cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 Cup Chopped Cucumbers
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onions
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Lime sliced for squeezing
- Chopped Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Warm Peanut Butter in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it easier to mix. Add all ingredients except for water. Mix well, then add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, mix till desired consistency is reached.
- Place one or two leaves of washed lettuce, add chicken, purple cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, green onion, and cilantro leaves. Squeeze a lime wedge on top, then drizzle Peanut sauce and top with chopped honey roasted peanuts.