Lettuce wraps made with colorful veggies, shredded chicken, and a flavorful Thai Peanut Sauce. This no-cook meal is both healthy and delicious!
When my plate is colorful and pretty looking, I think it actually tastes better too. They say you eat with your eyes first, so that make sense!
Colorful veggies add a fun pop to these Thai Chicken lettuce wraps, the rotisserie chicken makes them quick and filling, and the peanut dressing is amazing!
It's the same dressing I use for my Rice Paper Rolls.
These Thai Chicken Lettuce wraps come together quickly and make a great fresh lunch. I'm using rotisserie chicken, but if you have cooked shredded chicken or even shrimp would work too.
Here's what I used:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Colorful Vegetables
- Peanut Sauce
Another shortcut is to buy a bag of tri-color coleslaw. Then you don't need to chop anything up.
The Peanut Sauce
This is what will give flavor and creaminess to the lettuce wrap. I could eat this sauce everyday!
It may seem like a lot of ingredients, but if you do a lot of Asian Cooking, most of these ingredients are staples.
The outcome of the sauce can depend on the type of peanut butter you use. If you are using a natural peanut butter that is refrigerated, then you'll need to place it in a bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds or until it is easy to stir.
The sauce will look like it's not coming together, but have faith and keep mixing it. You can also place all the ingredients of the sauce in a mini food chopper.
Build the lettuce wraps using Butter or Bibb lettuce and top with some chopped peanuts for more crunch.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Dressing
- ¼ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter Warm in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it easier to mix
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Fish Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Dried or dehydrated Ginger. 1 teaspoon if using fresh grated Ginger.
- ¼ teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Siracha Sauce Use less for mild spice
- 2-4 tablespoon Water Mix first then add 1 tablespoon at a time till desired consistency is reached I added all 4 tablespoon of water.
- 1 Head of Butter or Baby lettuce
- 2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots I used store bought
- 1 Cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 Cup Chopped Cucumbers
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onions
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Lime sliced for squeezing
- Warm Peanut Butter in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it easier to mix. Add all ingredients except for water. Mix well, then add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, and mix till desired consistency is reached.
- Place one or two leaves of washed lettuce, add shredded chicken, purple cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, green onion, and cilantro leaves. Squeeze a lime wedge on top, then drizzle peanut sauce, and top with chopped peanuts.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.