This post has been sponsored by Blue Diamond®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A gluten-free pineapple loaf cake with coconut cream drizzle made with almond flour for a dessert that's perfect for springtime.
This pineapple loaf cake turns out so moist and is filled with tropical flavors of pineapple and coconut throughout the cake.
While I don't follow a strict gluten free diet, I still make most of my baked goods gluten free. I love using Blue Diamond Almond Flour from Albertson's because it's finely sifted, making it a high quality product I feel confident baking with for my family. Spring is the best time to continue baking my favorite treats for my family and friends using Blue Diamond Almond Flour!
You can find Blue Diamond® Almond Flour at your local Albertson's in the baking supplies section.
Download the Just for U App for coupons and rewards to save money. It's as simple as scanning the product in-store and adding any available offers.
Click below to learn more!
Ingredients for Pineapple Loaf Cake
What You'll Need: Blue Diamond® Almond Flour, Eggs, Coconut Sugar, Crushed Pineapple, Baking Soda, Salt, and Coconut Milk.
Almond Flour- Blue Diamond® Almond Flour is made from the finest almonds and finely sifted, which yields a light texture in this cake.
Coconut Sugar- Coconut sugar gives this pineapple loaf a slight sweetness. It doesn't necessarily taste like coconut, and instead has notes of caramel.
If you don't like coconut sugar, you can substitute white sugar instead.
Crushed Pineapple- This cake uses both the juice and crushed pineapple to distribute that tropical flavor throughout the loaf.
Coconut Milk- I'm using full fat canned coconut milk in both the loaf and drizzle. Shake the coconut can well before opening to mix it.
If there are solid pieces, measure out what you need and in a microwave safe cup or bowl, heat for 30 seconds. This should allow the coconut milk to mix easily.
Mixing and Baking the Batter
The batter is mixed in one bowl, which is always nice!
Mix these ingredients first- Eggs, coconut milk, coconut sugar, and crushed pineapple. Whisk until everything is combined well.
Then add the Blue Diamond Almond Flour, baking soda, and salt. Switch to a spatula and combine well. Don't worry about over mixing- there isn't any gluten in the batter.
Prepare a loaf tin by lining parchment paper around all the sides. This makes it easier to remove the loaf from the pan.
I also added some chopped dried pineapple to the top before baking. This way you can tell it's a pineapple loaf cake.
Bake at 350° F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. You can check it at 45 minutes, just so it doesn't overcook.
Remove the pineapple loaf from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes in the loaf tin. After 10 minutes, remove from the tin using the parchment paper and cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
How to make the Coconut Drizzle
The drizzle is just 2 ingredients- Canned Coconut Milk and Powdered Sugar.
We're using the same canned coconut milk that we put in the loaf cake, and just like the loaf, the milk can't have any solid pieces. If it does, place coconut milk in small bowl or cup and microwave for 30 seconds.
We only need 2-3 tablespoons of coconut milk and half a cup of powdered sugar. Start with 2 tablespoon of canned coconut milk and mix it well with the powdered sugar.
If it's too thick, add more milk, or too thin then add more sugar. Keep mixing till you get your desired consistency.
Then drizzle it on the cooled pineapple loaf, preferably right before serving it. For even more sweetness, serve each slice of loaf with more coconut drizzle on top, it's so good!
How to Store the Baked Loaf
After baking, the loaf can cool on the counter for up to a couple of hours.
If you don't plan on serving it that day, then wrap the loaf with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
Serve the loaf cold with the coconut drizzle or heat it in the microwave for 30 second to serve warm. Just keep in mind that the drizzle will not harden on a warm loaf cake.
For more gluten free baking and ways to use Blue Diamond® Almond Flour, check out my recipe for Blender Banana Muffins.
Pineapple Loaf Cake with Coconut Drizzle
Coconut Cream Drizzle
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Canned Full Fat Coconut Milk Add more if needed.
- Preheat Oven to 350° F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper on all sides
- Shake the can of coconut milk first before opening. If it's still solid then pour into a glass or bowl and microwave until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk 3 eggs, then add coconut milk, and coconut sugar, whisk until combined. Add crushed pineapple and the juice from the can. Mix well.
- Add Blue Diamond® Almond Flour to the same bowl, along with baking soda and salt. Switch to a spatula and combine well.
- Pour evenly into the lined loaf pan, and bake in the oven for 50 minutes. You can check it at 45 min to see if it is done (when a toothpick comes out clean). Otherwise leave in oven until done.
- Remove loaf from the oven and allow to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes. Then remove by using the parchment paper and allow loaf to cool on a wire rack for another 30 minutes.
- To make the coconut drizzle, add 2 tablespoon of canned coconut milk to ½ cup of powdered sugar, mix well. If drizzle is too thick, add more coconut milk, if it's too thin add more powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Just like the cake, if the coconut milk has solid pieces, you need to warm it before mixing with the sugar.Cake needs to be cooled before adding the drizzle.
Want to Save this Recipe? Click on the Pinterest button below to Pin It!