Thai Chicken Satay gets a healthy spin with zucchini and carrot noodles covered in a flavorful peanut sauce.
I love eating Thai Chicken Satay, and in Thailand we ate this almost everyday since it's a widely popular street food. You really can't go wrong with meat on a stick.
I'm using the same marinade and recipe as my Thai Chicken Satay, just without skewering the chicken. This saved some time and I was able to cook the chicken thighs whole and slice them up afterwards.
While I love eating noodles, I also enjoy swapping them out for spiralized veggie noodles for a low carb meal. It's even more convenient with stores selling pre spiralized veggies either fresh or frozen.
This is great to save more time or if you haven't invested in a spiralizer, which I highly recommend getting if you enjoy zoodles.
The part that puts this Chicken Satay Zoodle bowl over the top, is a creamy peanut sauce. I will say this sauce is not low in calories and fat, because both coconut milk and peanut butter are high in fat.
This peanut sauce definitely brings the dish together. You're already cutting calories by using zoodles instead of rice noodles, so the peanut sauce balances it out.
Thai Chicken Satay Zoodle Bowl Recipe
- 2 Zucchinni Spiralized
- 1 Carrot Spiralized
- Mix all ingredients for marinade into a medium bowl, whisk well and add chicken. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes, or longer. Can marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and cook over a grill or large saute pan until fully cooked.
- Use a spiralizer for the zucchini and carrots. Once the chicken is cooked, use the same pan and add veggies, cook for a couple of minutes until warm.
- Place all ingredients for peanut sauce into a small sauce pan, bring heat to simmer, whisk until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add zoodles to a plate or bowl, then top with sliced chicken satay, and smother with peanut sauce. Garnish with cilantro and extra peanuts.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and depends on ingredients and amounts used. Thai Caliente makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.