Red curry pastes doubles as a stir fry sauce for a quick and spicy dish you can make in 15 minutes with whatever protein and veggies you have on hand.
I’m a firm believer in having a stocked freezer and pantry, it’s been a life saver for when I haven’t gone grocery shopping for fresh produce. I try to keep canned veggies, beans, coconut milk, curry paste, tomato sauce, along with pasta and grains in the pantry. In my freezer I also try to keep frozen veggies, chicken, ground beef, shrimp, and fish. Just with these ingredients, I know I can always have a meal ready without having to go to the store. I relied on my pantry/freezer staples this week to whip up this quick and easy red curry shrimp stir fry.We just came back from a family vacation in San Diego, but had a rough drive back. My daughter had a high fever and refused to take any medicine. Thankfully she was able to fight it off and we’re all back to feeling healthy and rested. Really hoping we stay healthy for a while!!
Needless to say, I’ve been exhausted, but there’s nothing better than a home cooked meal at the end of the day. I’ve made a similar recipe for a Red Curry Stir Fry with Pork (Pad Prik Khing), but I wanted to show you how versatile it is, and how you can customize it to your preference. For this stir fry, I used shrimp, zucchini, frozen peas and green beans.
Traditional Thai Pad Prik Khing is made with a protein and long green beans, then topped with makrut lime leaves. This is my bulked up version, aka, use what I have in the fridge meal 🙂 I served this with some cauliflower rice that I had in the freezer, but of course regular rice would go perfect too.
Be sure to tag me on IG @ThaiCaliente if you make any of my recipes and follow me on Pinterest to save them to your boards.
This page contains affiliate links. If you click on one of the product links and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. The price of the item does not increase with the affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Red Curry Shrimp Stir Fry (Pad Prik Khing)
- 2 Tbsp Oil I used Coconut oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste 1 is Medium, 2 is Hot
- 1 lb Shrimp Peeled and Devained
- 1 Zucchinni Chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas and Green Beans
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium low heat with oil. Carefully add red curry paste, and break it up in the oil. Be careful since it can splatter, lower heat if it does.
- Add Shrimp or alternate protein, cook until done. Then add veggies and cook until veggies are warmed through. If it seems too dry you can add a few tablespoons of water.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice.