Instant Pot Chicken Taco Chili is an easy meal that only takes a couple minutes to throw everything in the Instant Pot or Crock Pot, set the timer, and a delicious meal is ready for you.
Chicken Taco Chili is filled with tender pieces of shredded chicken, corn, black beans, garbanzo beans, in a flavorful tomato base sauce. It’s great on its own with some tortilla chips on the side, or with rice (cauliflower rice), or even on top of a sweet potato. I love meals that I can add everything together and it cooks at the same time. Just makes it that much easier when you’re running short on time.One of my favorite food bloggers is Gina from Skinny Taste, her recipes are easy, healthy, and always a hit with the family. I modified her recipe for Chicken Taco Chili, and replaced kidney beans with garbanzo beans, since we enjoy those more. I also cooked it in the Instant Pot and had dinner ready in about 45 min. Not bad for an easy weeknight meal.I’ve mentioned before that my daughter is a picky eater. I use to get really frustrated with her eating, but eventually realized that she will eat what she likes and I can at least offer her different foods. She loves garbanzo beans, so first I offered her a bite of just garbanzos, and then surprisingly she decided to eat the chili! My son pretty much inhaled this chili 🙂The instructions could not be easier, everything gets cooked the same time and you shred the chicken right in the pot once it’s done. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, which I highly recommend, then the same instructions apply for a slow cooker, but for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. And if you love Instant Pot meals, here is the archive link to all my Instant Pot recipes. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Be sure to tag me on IG @ThaiCaliente if you make any of my recipes and follow me on Pinterest to save them to your boards.
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Chili
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Breast
- 1 15 oz Can Corn Drained
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 15 oz Can Garbanzo Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 15 oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 oz Can Diced Tomatoes Don't Drain
- 1 Packet Low Sodium Taco Seasoning or use own seasoning
Homemade Seasoning Mix (To Replace Packet Seasoning)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- Place all ingredients into the instant pot, stir to mix everything, place lid on and turn to lock. Make sure valve is on sealing. Set timer to High Pressure 30 minutes. Once timer goes off, let stand for about 15 minutes. Then carefully move valve to open to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, shred chicken in the pot with 2 forks, it should start to just fall apart. Mix well and serve with your favorite toppings. Can also be eaten with rice, cauliflower rice, or on top of a sweet potato.
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker, stir to mix everything. Cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- Once done, shred chicken in the pot with 2 forks, it should start to just fall apart. Mix well and serve with your favorite toppings. Can also be eaten with rice, cauliflower rice, or on top of a sweet potato.